It's time to Play to Learn!
Today, let's play Pizza Party. I used Pizza Party as a sight word review game but it can be easily adapted to fit your specific needs.
This was really easy to set-up.
What You Need:
white paper plates
What To Do:
1. Draw a pizza slice on the paper plate & color.
2. Use colored construction paper to cut out toppings -
we used red pepperoni, green broccoli and brown mushrooms.
3. Write target sight words on the toppings.
4. Place toppings face down on a plate.
How To Play:
1. Taking turns each child will turn over 1 topping at a time and read the word.
2. If the word is read correctly - place the topping on the pizza.
If the word is read incorrectly - it goes back onto the topping plate.
3. Continue to play until 1 child has the target number of toppings
on their pizza (we used 6 because it best fit our pizza).
4. Once you have a inner, take all toppings off your pizza & play again.
This game was a hit!
The Lil Divas played Pizza Party over & over again.
Other Ways to Play:
You can use this game to practice/review:
- letter recognition
- number recognition
Can you think of other ways that this game can be used?
Note: This is great for 1 player or small groups and it can easily be stored in a ziploc baggie or large envelope making it perfect for use in the classroom as well as at home. I gave each Lil Diva her own set of target sight words so it was very individualized. This could easily be done for different levels/groups as well.
Have a great Pizza Party!