Can you believe I have NEVER made a homemade volcano?
When the Lil Divas kept begging to re-do our
I knew it was the perfect time to make a volcano
& this mommy was super excited to finally get to
help the Lil Divas make one!
What You Need:
small plastic bottle
play dough or clay
liquid dish soap
red food coloring
water (approx. 3/4 cup)
What To Do:
1. Cover water bottle with play dough or clay leaving opening uncovered.
I used some of our homemade Cinnamon Pumpkin Spice Play Dough but you can use whatever you have handy or whip up a batch!
It would be best to allow the play dough or clay to harden (preferably overnight) but the Lil Divas could not wait & it worked fine for us.
2. Add a few drops of red food coloring into the volcano/bottle.
3. Pour hot water into the volcano using a funnel.
We used 3/4 cup of hot water (not boiling)
4. Add 3-5 drops of liquid dish soap -
this helps trap the bubbles giving a nice flow of lava
5. Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda to the liquid using your funnel.
6. Now for the FUN part - slowly pour in the vinegar.
and watch your volcano ERUPT!
7. You will have to repeat this! Trust me!
Just add more vinegar to watch your volcano erupt again
The girls LOVED doing this (over & over again!)
Another successful (not to mention frugal & easy)
at home/kitchen science experiment!