Since the Lil Divas started school this week I thought it would be fun to make a school bus. None of the Lil Divas actually ride a school bus but it's such a typical bac to school symbol and both of the Lil Divas are intrigued by them.
What You Need:
1/2 gallon milk carton
4 bottle caps
white construction paper
black construction paper
hot glue gun
foam letter stickers
foam circle shape stickers
What We Did:
1. paint milk carton bright yellow - we used 2 coats w/drying time in between
2. cut out 2 strips of white construction paper (bus windows) and fold into thirds. Draw lines at folds to make windows and draw a person in each window.
3. Glue on decorated window strips onto each side of bus.
|bus w/decorated window strips|
4. Add strip of black construction paper under windows and affix foam letters spelling SCHOOL to each side.
|Bus w/window & SCHOOL label|
5. cut small circle (large enough to cover opening of carton), decorate with face (bus driver) and affix using hot glue gun (adult or w/supervision)
6. Add bottle cap wheels using hot glue gun (adult or w/supervision)
Affix foam circles as headlights & write word SCHOOL on top
|Lil Divas w/their completed School Bus|
*If doing this in a classroom you can take pictures of the kids to put in the windows - it would make a great Welcome/Back to School small group project.*
Books We Read:
What Back to School crafts have you enjoyed lately?