It feels almost silly to share these here because they are so incredibly simple. Then I thought about how bogged down and busy we get as Moms, especially during this time of the year, and it seemed like the perfect time to offer up a little reminder and hopefully inspire you to take a few moments to do this simple activity with your children this holiday season.
4.12 oz. cinnamon and 3/4 cup applesauce
1. Mix cinnamon with applesauce.
You don't want your dough to be too wet or too dry.
Feel free to add extra cinnamon or applesauce as needed until you get a dough like texture you like.
2. Knead the dough - kids LOVE helping with this part.
3. Roll out your dough until it's approx. 1/4 in. thick.
4. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes in dough.
5. Use a pencil to make a hole in each ornament (for stringing).
Be sure it goes through both ends.
6. Let your ornaments air dry at room temperature for approx. 48 hours.
I suggest flipping/turning the ornaments within 24 hours for even drying.
You can also cook them in the oven at 200 degrees for about 2 hrs.
Be sure to turn/flip your ornaments over every so often if baking.
7. Optional: Paint your ornaments - we used glitter paints on a few of them. Allow additional drying time if painting ornaments.
8. Add ribbon or string to each ornament, hang on your tree and enjoy.
You will have wonderfully scented ornaments on your tree.
How wonderful is that?
If you like these ornaments be sure to check out our other Homemade Ornaments - crafts sticks, salt dough & more!