Welcome back to "Around The World in 12 Dishes".
We are continuing our monthly journey around the world, exploring 12 different countries with our children, by cooking 12 dishes with them. One for each country visited.
The world is such a wonderfully diverse and colorful place. It is our goal to bring different cultures to life for our children through food, books & more! Why? Not only is it an exciting and different way to learn about cultures, but it also benefits our children in many ways - including basic learning (like numeracy and science), multicultural awareness and acceptance and instilling a sense of adventure and wonder into our children. How can you beat that?
Adventures In Mommydom, Creative Family Fun, Glittering Muffins, Juggling with Kids, Kitchen Counter Chronicles, Make, Do & Friends, Mom 2 Posh Little Divas, Mummymummymum, Rainy Day Mum, Red Ted Art, The Educators' Spin On It and The Outlaw Mom have all come together to help you on your journey. We will all be cooking a dish with our children and posting about it - to help inspire you to have a go! There will also be fun extras like books, crafts & activities so be sure to visit all the wonderful links. Then go cook and join in the linky fun with us!Around the World in 12 Dishes
Here's where we have explored so far:
How to join the fun!
- The only mandatory part is the dish - the rest is all up to you!
- Cook a dish from Russia: The goal is to explore this country through FOOD (and activities if you wish). Make a typical dish (sweet or savoury) from the country with the kids, take photos and have fun!
- Typical dishes: Solyanka, Borscht, Shchi, Pelmeni and Pirozhki (Here is a link for more inspiration: Russian cuisine).
- Print your passport: Click here to download, comes with space for a photo of the child with the dish. Here is a little cover for it if you wish :)
- Color a placemat: Once colored/painted or whatever other way you want to do this, you can laminate it or put it between clear contact paper to use it over and over. Great conversation piece for you and your kids. Click here to download it.
- Make a craft: you can make a country (or book) related craft with the kids [optional!]
- Read a book: We read 3 fab books for this month's country! Stay tuned for a post on what we did! :)
- Fun fact: Every day over 9 MILLION passengers ride the Metro, Moscow's vast underground subway system. In a single day, an average of 9915 trains operate between 5am - 1am, making the New York subway system seem like a miniature child's toy.
- Share with us: Our Russia challenge start will remain open for a year, so attach a link to your blog to enter the linky party or visit our Around the World in 12 Dishes Facebook page and post a photo together with what you did together with your child(ren).
- Pinterest: We will add your photos to a "Around the World in 12 Dishes" Pinterest Boards (one for the dishes, one for the crafts) you will be a great source of inspiration for everyone :)
- Are you a blogger? Let your fans know about the challenge and grab our cute lil’ button to share it on your blog.
Please link up your Russian dish and/or craft in our linky below.
We would love to see it!
We would love to see it!