To go with our If You Give a Mouse a Cookie and If You Take a Mouse to School Fun we completed this fun Tape Resist M is for Mouse Craft to add the letter M to our Alphabet Books. I had been wanting to do some tape resist art and this was the perfect time to sneak it in to our book fun and spice up our ABC crafts.
ABC Craft: Tape Resist Mouse M
What You Need:
White Construction Paper
Cup of Water
2 Wiggly Eyes
1 Black Pipe Cleaner
1 Small Pink Pom Pom
1 Small Piece of Pink Foam
(I used a scrap piece I had saved)
1. Cut 2 small triangles out of the pink foam (ears)
2. Cut pipe cleaner into 4-6 pieces (whiskers)
What To Do:
1. Help child make Letter M using tape and tape onto white construction paper.
2. Have child paint entire surface of paper with watercolors - encourage them to paint all white spaces especially those near the tape. This will leave a clear white Letter M when tape is removed.
3. Carefully peel tape away to reveal the letter M.
Note: the Lil Divas were anxious to do this and did NOT peel very carefully so we had some paper peel off. Painter's tape would probably work better but I didn't have any on hand. I will be sure to stock some for next time.
4. Glue on pink pom pom nose, wiggly eyes, whiskers, and triangle ears (see photos of completed Mouse M's below)
They came out so cute! You could add a pipe cleaner tail as well but the Lil Divas opted not to.