Let's turn things over to Leann and her fun
My son loves to play musical instruments, especially if he can create them himself. A few years ago, we learned how to create harmonicas out of popsicle sticks, and it has been a favorite ever since! They are super fun and easy to create in just a few minutes.
- 2 popsicle sticks (large works the best, but small works fine too!)
- 3 rubber bands – 1 wide one and 2 thin ones
- 2 strips of paper (about 3/4” x 3”)
1. Place the 2 popsicle sticks together.
2. Wrap the paper completely around each end of the stick. Tape the paper into position. (The tape cannot touch the popsicle sticks.)
3. Slide out 1 popsicle stick, leaving the paper and other popsicle stick in place.
4. Place the wide rubber band lengthwise across the one popsicle and paper strips.
5. Place both popsicle sticks together. Put a thin rubber band around each end.
Leann is a homeschooling mama to one, proud wife of a cop, and pet lover of their two dogs and frogs. Her personal blog, Montessori Tidbits, chronicles their homeschooling journey, while throwing in tidbits about life, reviews, and recipes.