Earth Day is April 22nd.
How are you celebrating and/or preparing your kids?
We talk often about things like recycling,
saving water, conserving electricity and not wasting paper.
But I like to celebrate Earth Day &
spend time to bring awareness to the things we don't often talk about
like endangered animals, the rain forest and pollution
(aside from throwing trash in the garbage bin and not on the floor).
We read the book
and talked about ways the Lil Divas could help the earth.
I really wanted them to understand that we can all make a difference,
that little hands & little things can add up to BIG things!
Then we made some
Coffee Filter Earth Art
What You Need:
blue & green markers
What To Do:
1. Color the earth on your coffee filter
- this doesn't have to be perfect which is the best part.
2. Take some water (we used a spray bottle)
and spray onto the coffee filter to blend the colors.
I used a tray to keep the mess contained.
3. Fold a piece of construction paper in half
& trace handprint at fold (see below).
4. Cut out handprint but make sure to keep fingertips intact -
this will give you a heart in the middle of the handprints.
5. Glue coffee filter onto blue construction paper.
6. Glue handprint on top of earth & add words I and earth onto hands.
Have kids write about why they love the earth
and how they can help it.
Need more ideas?
Check out our other Earth Day activities!