Today's ornament is one very near & dear to my heart
because it captures the precious little handprints of my Lil Divas -
a perfect keepsake reminder of how small
those hands are at this moment in time.
As we all know, children grow very quickly
and those hands only stay this small for a short period of time.
Handprint Snowman Snow Filled Ball Ornament
What You Need:
Clear Ball Ornament
(we used plastic & it worked well plus no shatter worries)
What To Do:
1. Start by painting child's hand in white acrylic paint.
2. The best way to do it is to place ornament on palm of child's hand
and capture fingers facing upward to the top.
3. The palm will give the appearance of snow on the ground
with the fingers being the snowmen standing upright.
4. Allow to dry - I set them in the box so they wouldn't roll.
5. Draw snowman's features
6. Draw black top hats and any other desires accessories
we oped not to add a scarf or twig arms because some
of the fingerprints were very close together.
7. Don't forget to add the year and your child's name
8. Add a bit of epsom salt, glitter or other
snow like filler for a fun snow filled effect.
What a lovely Christmas keepsake to add to your tree!
It will be fun (& a little sad) to take these out again next year
and see how much bigger the Lil Divas hands have grown.