Muffin Counting #1-12: Preschool
What You Need:
number cards (#1-12)
muffin clipart or drawings
What To Do:
1. I made a number mat resembling a placemat with a plate, fork and knife and wrote the words "Put ___ muffins on your plate."
2. I found some simple muffin clip art online and used it to make a sheet with a dozen muffins which I cut out to use on the number mat.
3. I cut out small squares (small enough to fit on the line I provided for the number of muffins on the mat) and numbered them 1 thru 12.
How to Play:
1. I mixed up the number cards and gave them to my preschooler along with the mat and muffins.
2. Have child pick a number card to place on the mat and count out the corresponding number of muffins to place on the plate.
I found some great clothespin printables on Making Learning Fun to go with the story.
We reviewed how to write the letters M and m. I found a great M is for moose handwriting printable on First School.
I also had the Lil Divas practice writing the letters on their own on mini dry erase boards.
Playtime Fun: Sock Puppets
You simply can't read this story and not make sock puppets - so of course we did! The Lil Divas designed their girl puppets and I helped hot glue some of it on - I even have the hand burn & missing flesh to prove it! The girls put on a puppet show. I will try to add a small clip - they are so cute!
Snack: Bluberry Muffins
Finally, we made some muffins as a special treat to go with the story (of course!). YUM!
We had a lot of fun with If You Give a Moose a Muffin & look forward to our next book.
Have you done anything fun with this book?
If so, please comment & share.