The Lil Divas and I recently reviewed the Inching Along Measurement Game by Educational Insights.
About the Game:
This game helps teach/review measurement with a ruler in a fun way. It is ideal for children age 5-8 in Grades K-2. The Littlest Diva (who is 3) did play with my help and she had fun but she definitely could not handle it alone. The Oldest Diva who is 5 was able to play with minimal assistance. She handled the ruler well and understood the concept and what to do but she needed assistance for some of the more difficult cards that involved some simple addition or subtraction. It was actually a great game for her - it challenged her to think! She enjoyed it!
What's in the Game?
The Inching Along Measurement Game is for up to 4 players and includes the game board, 4 play pieces (kids), a ruler and 36 game cards.
How to Play:
The game is simple (which is great for younger learners).
1. The child picks their playing piece and places it on Start (tent) on the game board.
2. Draw a card
3. Measure the line(s) indicated and move that amount of spaces on the game board. Some cards have one easy step and some involve measuring more than 1 line. Also some cards say to move forward and some say to move back - so the game is kept interesting because there is the chace that someone in the lead may have to move back a few spaces!
The first player to read the Finish wins the game.
I really liked this game. I was able to play with both Lil Divas. I made sure the Littlest Diva pulled easy cards & I helped her but it was great to get her using a ruler. It is never to early to start introducing them to these skills. Both my girls have used rulers before.
The Oldest Diva was challenged to add and subtract some lines as well as measure them which was great practice for her.
This would be a great game to play at home or include in a Math center at school.
Win It: Educational Insights has graciously agreed to giveaway One (1) Inching Along Measurement Game to One (1) lucky Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas Reader!
How to Enter:
**Contest ends on 6/16/11**
One (1) lucky Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas reader
(US Residents Only!) is going to receive:
Mandatory Entry: Visit Educational Insights and tell me one other game you would like to try!
**This must be completed in order for any extra entries to count**
Extra Entries (Optional)
Please leave a seperate comment
for each entry &
please include your e-mail
so I can get back to you if you win!
*If you are already a follower leave a comment and let me know as that will count as an entry*
- Follow Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas Publicly via Google Friend Connect
- "Like" Educational Insights on facebook
- Follow Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas on Twitter
- Subscribe to Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas emails
- Make a comment on any non-giveaway post on Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas Blog and leave a link. You can do this for up to 3 posts but please note that comment must be dated after the start date of this post - not valid on previous comments.
- Tweet about this giveaway and leave a link - can be done once a day
Giveaway ends 6/16/2011 at 11:59 (PDT)
Winner will be chosen via random.org.
Winner will be announced on 6/10711
& contacted via email if an email is given .
Winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Please note any entries that can not be verified will be disqualified.
Disclaimer:I received the Inching Along Measuremnt Game for the purposes of trying them out for this review. That being said, this review is my 100% honest opinion of this product - I am not paid for my reviews or optinions! They are 100% mine! Please remember that your opinions and tastes might differ from mine.