I still have some Butterfly things left to share/post but I had to jump into our Bee craft because it was too cute & needs to be shared.
This was a cute book & the girls really enjoyed it. It is about a (girl) bee who reads in a newspaper that bees can not fly due to their large bodies. She believes it to be true - so she stops being able to fly.
Craft: Toilet Paper Roll Bumble Bee
What You Need:
Toilet Paper Roll
White Construction paper
Black Tape (you can also use paint)
Black Pipe Cleaner
Glue - we used tacky glue
What To Do:
1. Paint the TP roll in yellow & let dry (we did this on one day and finished the craft the next day)
2. cut the black pipe cleaner in half and make a v shape to form antenna - glue or staple to the inside of top of TP roll
3. Add wiggly eyes (or just draw them on) and paint on face using black marker
4. Using your black tape help child cut strips (make sure they aren't too long) and arrange to make stripes on the bee
5. Using white construction paper (fold in half) cut out wing shape and glue to back side of bee.
You will have an adorable TP bee that can be proudly displayed!
Have you made any bee crafts? We have a few more bee related things to do & I am always looking for great ideas so I'd love for you to share!
Linking to STart, Childhood 101 - We Play!, Sharing Time, Get Crafty, Read, Explore, Learn , For the Kids Friday, Preschool Corner, Feed Me Books Friday , Fun for Kids Friday , It's Playtime , Made by Little Hands Monday and Creative Juice Thursday