Craft: Earth 'Person' Mobile - we have a few mobiles already hanging around our house so I knew that I wanted something different for our Earth Day Craft. If you've been around for a bit you know I'm a sucker for hand/foot prints so I decided to incorporate the two things & make an Earth Person using the Lil Divas actual hand & foot prints that could hang as a mobile. On each hand/foot the Lil Divas drew a way the could help the earth. It turned out really cute & was very personal which I LOVED!
1 small paper plate
green tissue paper (cut into small squares)
small brown paper bag
construction paper (choice color)
What To Do:
1. Paint the small paper plate blue & discuss that the earth is made up mostly of water
2. Show a picture of the earth and using the green tissue paper form areas of land - be sure to remind them there should be more blue (water) than green (land).
3. Allow plate to dry
4. Trace & cut out the child's hands & feet on construction paper (choice colors)
5. Brainstorm/discuss ways we can help the earth & then have the child pick 4 things to draw - 1 on each hand & foot cut out
6. Cut 4 long strips from the paper bag and fold accordian style for arms & legs.
7. Attach the hand/foot prints to the strips and then attach the 4 strips to the paper plate to form arms & legs as shown below.
8. Punch a hole at the top of the paper plate & tie string/yarn.
9. Display & enjoy your Earth Person Mobile!
Part of this craft was inspired by an Earth Day Mobile posted by my lovely friend & fellow crafting mama Aimee over at Classified Mom - thanks for the inspiration Aimee!
Happy Earth Day!