This month's Around the World in 12 Dishes Challenge is Russia!
We have already shared our books & activities with you,
so now we would like to share our yummy dish.
We are a dessert loving household so as soon as I saw some recipes and photos for Russian Tea Cakes I knew they would be perfect for this challenge. They were so easy to make that my youngest did most of the work on her own.
1 cup softened butter/margarine
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
optional - chopped nuts
How to Make Russian Tea Cakes:
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix butter powdered sugar & vanilla in a large bowl.
3. Stir in flour, salt & nuts (optional). Mix & knead until dough forms.
4. Shape dough into small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake 12-14 minutes or until set.
6. Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar.
(I did this part since they were hot!)
7. Let cool completely.
8. Roll in more powdered sugar & enjoy!
These were SUPER EASY to make & so yummy!
Be sure to check out the other great ideas being linked up to this month's Russia linky in our Around the World in 12 Dishes Challenge.