In honor of Johnny Appleseed's birthday (9/26) and our Apple Theme
we whipped up these adorable & delicious
Red Velvet Apple Cupcakes!
These are so cute & fairly easy to make.
They do require a lil prep but the end result is worth it!
To turn your red velvet cupcakes into apples you will need:
chocolate twizzlers or tootsie rolls
sour apple laffy taffy
What To Do:
1. I cut the twizzlers into 4 pieces to make the stems
2. cut the taffy into small pieces and form a leaf
3. attach taffy leaf to stem by pressing them on - they will stick
Note: keep the taffy relatively thin so it's not too heavy.
I learned this the hard way!
4. use red food coloring to turn cream cheese icing red
5. attach stems w/leaves to frosted cupcakes &
enjoy your Red Velvet Apple Cupcakes!
Did you celebrate Johnny Appleseed's birthday? What did you do?