After our dino dig activity I was inspired to do some Dino Dig Art with the girls.
I had planned to make fossils using pasta but after our project I thought it would be fun to make our pasta look like partially excavated bones.
What You Need:
wheel shaped pasta
cardboard (for background)
What We Did:
1. I drew an outline of a dinosaur fossil on a piece of cardboard for each Lil Diva. It was just lines/sticks nothing fancy - it was meant to be a basic guide not an illustration.
2. The Lil Divas decided which pasta they wanted to use out of what we had in our cupboard. They opted to use macaroni for most of the bones (not elbow macaroni), spaghetti for the ribs, fingers & toes and wheel shaped pasta for the head.
3. After gluing down the pasta fossil we covered the entire cardboard area with glue
4. Then The Lil Divas covered the area with ground coffee - this was our dirt! It smelled so much better than dirt - YUMMY!
5. Let it sit for a few minutes so that the coffee does not shake off when you eliminate the excess.
6. Shake off the excess coffee and you are left with your partially fossilized looking pasta art!
The Lil Divas were so proud of their fossils and it was a nice sensory activity with the yummy smells and different textures.
Books We Read: