What You Need:
food coloring in desired colors
small items to hide
What To Do:
Note: I made 5 bins so I used 1.5 box for each color spaghetti = 5 boxes
1. Cook spaghetti and run under cold water to cool.
2. Separate amounts as desired for colors.
3. In ziploc bags add drops of food coloring
4. Mix in spaghetti, seal and mash to color spaghetti.
5. Add more food coloring as needed
until you get all noodles saturated in their desired colors.
6. Repeat for each color.
Tip - Add some olive oil to the colored noodles - this makes them extra slimy, keeps them from sticking and also helps with the food coloring on hands when playing with the bins. We were able to wipe hands easily.
7. Mix noodles into bin(s) - you now have your monster brains ready!
8. Add in your scavenger hunt items - be sure to hide them well throughout the bin.
Tip: Have a photo of what they children are looking for. I set out all the items, took a picture and printed a copy for each group.
Our Scavenger Hunt:
9. Let the kids have a blast finding the items!
This is some serious slimy & slippery fun!
This activity/game will be done again for sure!
The idea for the colored spaghetti came from
Jamie over at Hands On: As We Grow.
As soon as I saw her fun Spaghetti Potion post - I was inspired!