What is it about glitter that makes everything you add it to
look so pretty, sparkly & cheerful?!
Here's what we did:
Craft: Colored Pasta Pumpkins w/Glitter
What You Need:
green food coloring
red & yellow food coloring - to make orange
card stock - for background
2 plastic ziploc bags
glitter - (optional but oh so sparkly!)
Prep: Color Your Pasta
To make your stem -
1. Add a few drops of green food coloring & alcohol inside a ziploc bag.
2. Add macaroni & shake to mix well.
3. Place on paper towels and glitter as desired & allow to air dry.
To make your pumpkin:
1. Add a few drops of alcohol with yellow food coloring & mix w/a drop of red to make orange.
2. Add pasta wheels & shake to mix well.
3. Place on paper towels and glitter as desired and allow to air dry.
*Adding glitter while the pasta is wet will help it stick*
Once your pasta is dry you are ready to make your pumpkin!
What We Did:
1. Start by drawing a glue outline of your pumpkin (minus the stem).
2. Add pasta wheels fitting them as close together as possible.
3. draw a stem with your glue and add macaroni to complete.
The Oldest Diva made 1 large pumpkin
while the Littlest Diva made 3 smaller ones.
It was a quick craft that both girls enjoyed
and we now have fun sparkly pumpkins to display!
What We Read:
Do you have a favorite pumpkin craft or book?