I have been wanting to do a rock craft w/the Lil Divas and what better time than with our Insect Theme!
Rock painting is fun, easy and full of so many possibilities.
Here's what we made-
Craft: Rock Ladybugs
Aren't they cute? I know you want to go out and find some rocks and make some now - go ahead, do it!
What You Need:
smooth circular or oval shaped rocks
Tempra or Acrylic paint in desired colors *FYI: Tempra paint has a chalkier look but it washes out easily. Acrylic paint will give you a glossy finish but it's permanent so I tend to stay away as much as possible :)
Black Acrylic Paint
black permanent marker
tacky glue or glue gun
What To Do:
1. Start with a clean and dry rock
2. I drew a line in permanent marker to seperate the body and head - you could paint the whole thing and go over the head with the black paint but it will require more than 1 coat.
3. Paint the body portion of the rock using the desired color paint.
4. Allow time to dry
5. Using a black permanent marker make a line down the middle of the body.
6. Using a cotton swab dipped in black paint add dots to each side of the body/wings
7. Using the cotton swab paint the front portion of the rock black to make the head
8. Allow drying time
9. Add wiggly eyes using tacky glue or a glue gun (adults only) and behold your adorable Ladybug Rock!
These would be cute and practical homemade gifts as paper weights , can be used to decorate your garden or displayed at home! :)
Be sure to let me know if you try them or if you make another rock insect! I'd love to see/hear about it.
The Ladybug Waltz
Ladybugs: Red, Fiery, and Bright
Linking to STart, Childhood 101 - We Play!, Sharing Time, Get Crafty, Read, Explore, Learn , For the Kids Friday, Preschool Corner, Feed Me Books Friday , Fun for Kids Friday , It's Playtime , Made by Little Hands Mondayand Creative Juice Thursday