The Umbrella Day
Craft - Letter U
I cut out an umbrella shape and a large U shape out of plain copy paper for each Lil Diva.
I let them decide how they wanted to decorate them - 1 used crayons and the other Do-a-Dot markers.
Then I helped them glu the U onto background paper and we positioned the umbrella near the top.
Craft - Umbrella Mobile
What You Need:
1 paper plate
markers, crayons or paint
umbrella handle cut-out
8 pictures of things that start with the letter u
4 rain drop cut-outs
What We Did:
Prep: I cut out 4 raindrops for each plate and found some clip art images online of things that start with the letter u - we used unicorn, ukulele, unhappy (a sad face), unicycle, universe, USA, underwear and utensils.
1. Each Lil Diva colored a paper plate (front & back) completely using crayons (their choice)
2. Cut the paper plate in half
4. Punch holes into the 4 corners of the paper plate and 2 more on the top of the 1 plate that is NOT cut at the top.
5. Have child cut out & glue pictures of things that begin with the letter u to the rain drop cut-outs. Punch a hole at the top of each raindrop and attach string/yarn.
6. Attach the strings with the raindrops to the paper plate (shown below) and add string to the top for displaying.
Finished Umbrella mobiles look like this -